Skip To Content

Athabasca University

Are you inactive? Have you forgotten your Student ID or password? : Non Program/Visiting/Unclassified

I am already an AU student, but my student record is inactive – how do I apply to AU?

You are considered an inactive student

  • if you have not registered in a course within 12 months of your most recent admission term, your last course contract end date, or the date of withdrawal from a course,
  • if you have not taken any courses on a Letter of Permission within 12 months of either of the previously mentioned time periods.

The first step of the process would be to make an attempt to log in to the myAU portal. If your student record has become inactive, you will receive a message when you try to log in. If this is the case, you can use our reactivation process. There is no fee to reactivate your student record at AU.

I have forgotten my password – what do I do?

If you have forgotten your password, please follow the password reset instructions found here. If you are still experiencing difficulties, you can call the AU Information Centre at 1-800-788-9041.

I have forgotten my student ID number – whom can I contact?

If you have forgotten your student ID number, please call the AU Information Centre at 1-800-788-9041 for assistance. Our Information Centre attendants will ask you a couple of questions to confirm your identity and provide your student ID number.

Updated January 18 2017 by Student & Academic Services

AU, CANADA'S OPEN UNIVERSITY, is an internationally recognized leader in online and distance learning.