Skip To Content

Athabasca University

Using Registered Savings Plans to Finance Your Education : Non Program/Visiting/Unclassified

If you wish to use Canada Pension Plan (CPP) benefits, a Registered Educational Savings Plan (RESP), or Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) under the Lifelong Learning Plan (LLP), you must meet certain requirements. Before registering for courses, use the links below to confirm that you meet the necessary requirements.

Note that if are planning to enroll as a full-time student under one of these programs, you are required to register in a minimum of 12 credits (four 3 credit courses) all with the same start date in each 6-month period.

See the following links for information on the regulations that apply to these programs.

Updated September 22 2016 by Student & Academic Services

AU, CANADA'S OPEN UNIVERSITY, is an internationally recognized leader in online and distance learning.